1. Palange P, Ward SA, Carlsen KH, et al. Recommendations on the use of exercise testing in clinical practice. EurRespir J. 2007;29:185-209.
2. Wasserman K, Hansen JE, Sue DY, et al. Principles of exercise testing and interpretation: including pathophysiology and clinical applications. 5. Edition, Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012.
3. Kelly RS, Kelly MP, Kelly P. Metabolomics, physical activity, exercise and health: A review of the current evidence. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 2020;1866:165936.
4. Wang X, Lyles MF, You T, Berry MJ, Rejeski WJ, Nicklas BJ. Weight regain is related to decreases in physical activity during weight loss. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2008;40:1781-8.
6. Friedenreich CM, Ruan Y, Duha A, Courneya KS. Exercise dose effects on body fat 12 months after an exercise intervention: follow-up from a randomized controlled trial. J Obes 2019;2019:3916416.
7. Hunter GR, Fisher G, Neumeier WH, Carter SJ, Plaisance EP. Exercise training and energy expenditure following weight loss. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2015;47:1950-7.
8. Rynders CA, Blanc S, DeJong N, Bessesen DH, Bergouignan A. Sedentary behaviour is a key determinant of metabolic inflexibility. J Physiol. 2018;596:1319-30.
9. Júdice PB, Sardinha LB, Silva AM. Variance in respiratory quotient among daily activities and its association with obesity status. Int J Obes (Lond) 2021;45:217-24.
10. Spurway NC. Aerobic exercise, anaerobic exercise and the lactate threshold. Br Med Bull 1992;48:569-91.
12. Emerenziani GP, Ferrari D, Marocco C, et al. Relationship between individual ventilatory threshold and maximal fat oxidation (MFO) over different obesity classes in women. PLoS One 2019;14:e0215307.
13. Ugras S. Evaluating of altered hydration status on effectiveness of body composition analysis using bioelectric impedance analysis. Libyan J Med 2020;15:1741904.
14. Whipp BJ, Davis JA, Torres F, Wasserman K. A test to determine parameters of aerobic function during exercise. J ApplPhysiolRespir Environ ExercPhysiol 1981;50:217-21.
15. Ozcelik O, Ward SA, Whipp BJ. Effect of altered body CO2 stores on pulmonary gas exchange dynamics during incremental exercise in humans. ExpPhysiol 1999;84:999-1011.
16. Beaver WL, Wasserman K, Whipp BJ. A new method for detecting anaerobic threshold by gas exchange J ApplPhysiol 1986; 60: 2020-7.
17. Whipp BJ, Ward SA, Wasserman K. Respiratory markers of the anaerobic threshold.AdvCardiol 1986;35:47-64.
18. Algul S, Ugur FA, Ayar A, Ozcelik O. Comparative determination of ventilatory efficiency from constant load and incremental exercise testing. Cell MolBiol (Noisy-le-grand) 2017;63:26-30.
19. Broskey NT, Pories WJ, Jones TE, et al. The association between lactate and muscle aerobic substrate oxidation: Is lactate an early marker for metabolic disease in healthy subjects? Physiol Rep 2021;9:e14729.
21. Ozcelik O, Aslan M, Ayar A, Kelestimur H. Effects of body mass index on maximal work production capacity and aerobic fitness during incremental exercise. Physiol Res 2004;53:165-70.
22. Shook RP, Hand GA, Paluch AE, et al. High respiratory quotient is associated with increases in body weight and fat mass in young adults. Eur J ClinNutr 2016;70:1197-202.
23. Çolak R, Özçelik O. Effects of progressively increasing work rate exercise on body substrate utilisation. Turk J EndocrinMetab 2002; 2: 81-4.
24. Ozcelik O, Dogan H, Kelestimur H. Effects of acute hypoxia on body substrate utilisation during progressively increasing work rate exercise tests.Turk J Med Sci2003;33: 223-8.
25. Júdice PB, Sardinha LB, Silva AM. Variance in respiratory quotient among daily activities and its association with obesity status. Int J Obes (Lond) 2021;45:217-24.
26. deBeaudrap P, Witten G, Biltz G, Perrier E. Mechanistic model of fuel selection in the muscle. J Theor Biol 2006;242:151-63.
27. Goodpaster BH, Sparks LM. Metabolic flexibility in health and disease. Cell Metab2017; 25: 1027-36.